Monday, April 26, 2010

Reaching a year...

Marriage is a wonderful start... for many families.
For us, marriage was a RE-Start. When we met we each had one child from a previous marriage to bring to our new family and we both wanted more! We both believed that God had designed marriages to work, and knew that we had it in us to keep one going if we both worked at it. Well, work we have!
In less than a week, we will celebrate our First Anniversary! I can't tell you how wonderful it is for all of us. We have gone through so many changes in this first year that I truly believe that we can face anything that comes our way. But that's not what this is about. This is about what that year of changes in our lives and the children... and what changes will be coming... has done to make changes to me.
**Jigsaw Parenting: I believe this is taking the pieces that you have been given and finding how they fit together to make a whole... while allowing for the pieces to constantly change and move and fit in new pieces.

We face our Anniversary, the end of our first year, the start of the next year of life. I wonder sometimes if anyone has it so good? then I wonder sometimes if anyone else is facing the puzzles that we are?
When we met, he had a son and a dog. I had a daughter. We met, married, moved in, bought a bigger car, and got a 2nd dog. We realized that we had outgrown the apt (a 8yo boy and a 2yo girl were sharing a room) so we moved to a bigger apartment so they could have separate bedrooms. The kids turned 9 and 3. We found out a baby was coming. We got a cat. The pregnancy was tough. We got a 2nd cat. We were blessed with the ability to buy a house, so we moved again. We had a healthy baby girl with a daunting delivery. - We have decided to find new homes for the cats. We just celebrated his son turning 10. Our daughter will be 3 months old less than a week after our Anniversary. We are trying to get ready for my daughter turning 4.

Yes, we have his, mine, and our kids... but really, no matter how they came into this world all 3 are ours! WE have 3 kids, and until we have more that's how it is. We don't say "step" or "half", we say dad, mom, brother, sister, family.
We try not to look back or regret, we look forward, take what we have and try to make the best of it. I ask that you come with me for this ride, encourage me if you can, ask what you question, but don't believe that this is all there is to it or that daily life is easy.
I will share what I can, when I can... but this is for me.
Afterall, how many times do you go from having only a 2yo going on 3, to having a 3yo going on 4 with a 10yo and a baby??
It's been fun! It's been work. It's been my life and this past weekend, with the meltdowns, the cuddles, the pictures to remind us, the crying, and the laughs have been what made me decide to start this outlet for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment